[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Aug 8 04:24:02 UTC 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 9:18 PM, Robert Current wrote:
> I'd be happy to work on it.  My skills are not up to it, I'm saying
> that up front.  Unless there was someone else, I guess the more
> expensive, non-OSS project might have a leg up?

More FUD.  There's been no suggestion so far that their code won't be
OSS; in fact, I seriously doubt it.

I suspect they *will* be releasing open-source code, when they have
code ready to release.  In fact, since it'll be integrated with
MythTV, at least parts of it will have to be open source.  Open-
sourcing the software is hardly incompatible with charging for the
service it connects to.

Why are you so hostile towards SchedulesDirect?  You seem to be
seriously angry about that project and I'm not sure why.