[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 03:23:51 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
> > It's pretty well known (in other lists/forums) that the EIT data works
> > for BEV, but not for DishNetwork.  And rather than do the fix,
>
>  This "well known" info is flat out wrong. Myth will happily handle the huffman
> encoded EIT data sent by Dishnet and has been able to do it for a long, long
> time. Your source of information is wrong.

Uhm, ok, nice try.  You know I can't cite the source, because it's a
taboo forum to mention on this list.  But there are regular question
with problems reading EIT data from Dish Network, using trunk and
fixes.  Some can make it work, some can't, within this last week.

So, "long ago" and "happily handle" is flat out wrong.

Since I can't site the source without people freaking out, I'll point
you to this... on THIS list:
Michelle XXX posted at 7:15 pm (1 hour ago) my time in the "Supporting
schedulesdirect.org" thread wondering if and when it might be fixed.

You may be right, I don't know, I haven't tried it.  But I'm not the
only one that thinks there are issues.

STILL, not my POINT.  I'm talking about PAYING for data, and no one
wants to consider paying anyone other than schedulesdirect.org  That
can't be true!  What are all the Windows Media Center people using?
There has to be some source of data out there.