David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Aug 7 21:37:12 UTC 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 2:01 PM, Robert Current wrote:
> That left with the choice of $6/month for DirecTiVo with great
> features vs. $10/month for MythTV without those features...  I'm
> wondering if it's time to dust of my TiVo...

Well, first off, I feel like I should tamp down the FUD a bit.  We
don't know that it's going to be $10/month.  Someone threw that
number out there, but there's been no official statement about
pricing yet.

Secondly, if I went with a TiVo, I'd sure miss being able to view
shows from multiple TV sets, edit and archive them, etc.  Even at the
same price, there *are* things you can do with Myth that you can't do
with TiVo.  (And maybe vice versa, too; I wouldn't know.)