Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Aug 7 21:09:25 UTC 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 1:48 PM, Braindead wrote:

> Well, I guess it's by by to MythTV for me.  I had too many problems
> with PayPal in the past, I'm certainly not going to get an account
> or otherwise use their services now (no way am I giving them a CC
> number that's for sure).
>
> As far as I'm concerned, the broadcasters should be paying for this
> as.  I doubt anybody thinks that Time Warner (for example) isn't
> making money hand over fist.  I suppose some people are so hooked
> on TV that they'll pay, but there is nothing on TV that I can't
> live without, in particular if I can't record it and watch at my
> convenience.
>
> I don't mind supporting open source projects (I have two on
> Sourceforge myself), but paying to get TV listings? Not me.
>
> I may try some alternatives, but most likely I'll just use the Myth
> box to play videos, listen to music and the like.

Let me be the first to say, "Seeya, Braindead." No one is forcing you
to use the schedulesdirect listings. It's just a convenient way to
get listings without any work on the part of end users. Nothing is
stopping you from getting your own scheduling information in whatever
way and using it with MythTV.