Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 18:38:03 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Tim Gray <tim at p-a-a-i.com> wrote:

> Honestly I do not see these other guys getting anythign working before the
> drop dead date, it would need to be in beta testing right now for it to go
> live in a few weeks.
>
> So I'm making my mythtv work right by hacking on the xmltv code myself
> making something that is frowned upon but works for me.
>
> Honestly I wish there were 2 different groups working on different
> solutions, as putting all our hopes and dreams on one data source is what
> got us in this predicament in the first place.

Tim,

The fact that the schedules-direct.org web site says "We will release more
details as soon as we are able to do so, so please keep an eye on
http://schedulesdirect.org/ for updates." and has not been updated since
July 20 is a big concern.  If there were anything firm that could be shared,
I'm sure that they would have already done so.  The lack of news indicates
that things are not ready yet.

My thinking is along the same lines as yours.  If there is a real solution
that will be implemented by 9/1, then it ought to be in test mode now.

In my home, the lack of schedule information will cause great gnashing of
teeth and questions relating to was this a wise investment?  Obviously, I
would like to avoid the spousal inquisition, so I need to have a "Plan B"
lined up.

My cable provider offers listings via zap2it.  So I guess I will need to
take a look at the xmltv code as well.  Since you've already been hacking at
it, do you have any words of advice?

Tom