[mythtv-users] Anyone have any luck running Myth in VMWare?

Fredrik Hallgarde mythtv at tedde.nu
Tue Aug 7 17:04:40 UTC 2007

scott at tbwifi.ca skrev:
> I run a Mandriva 2007 host with Mythtv on the host.  Capture cards are not
> virtualized.  Run your Windows boxes as virtual machines.
>
> SFS

As USB is virtualized it would be interesting to know if anyone has
managed to get an external capture device to work.

Similarly I would be interested in knowing if anyone has a working USB
or serial remote receiver that works, I tried an MCE remote with Vmware
workstation 5.5 and Mythdora 4.0 but got only garbage when trying to use
irw etc.

Is anyone running frontend and/or backend in vmware for anything but a
test/dev platform?

Fredrik