[mythtv-users] DVD Truncating (Underworld Evolution)

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Tue Aug 7 05:20:38 UTC 2007

I use Xine myself.  The Myth internal just never quite worked right.
Playback was ok until it was time to rewind or FF, then things fell
apart and it would hang and I had to kill the process.  (Running Myth
0.21-155_trunk_r13045 from Atrpms on FC5).  Xine plays everything very
well, but its FF / Rew is sorely lacking, not as slick as Myth's TV
playback.  But it jumps ahead, ok, and never hangs.

As for "back-ups", when my wife gets the three-fer deal at the vid store
and we don't watch them before time to take them back, I have yet to
find one that K9Copy 1.1.0 can't "back up" in a nice .ISO package on my
hard drive for viewing at our leisure.  I have associated the .ISO file
extension with a script I wrote to mount the ISO image on the loopback
and fire up Xine to play it.  I store them in a directory on the desktop
and she or I can pick movies from a folder and watch them with a few
clicks.

DaveD.