[mythtv-users] Can we get an update on the status ofSchedulesDirect.org?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 21:39:52 UTC 2007

>From: Brad Fuller
>
>On Mon August 6 2007 1:17 pm, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > I think most repositories offer -fixes (if not all).
>
>they do, but the issue is time. For instance, gentoo has solid releases,
>but
>they are not quick at getting it ready. So, if datadirect ends and the
>release is not yet available in the repo..... you might miss some shows.
>Then, there's always bugs that need to be fixed. It'll be tight.

In any case, I'd think the patch involved for this may likely only affect
the code for mythfilldatabase, and creating a patched ebuild in your portage
overlay would be pretty easy.  I'm already doing that in order to have the
fix for this bug I found:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3681

...which, by the way, is one I'm shocked nobody else
noticed...mythfilldatabase was _always_ deleting all "Record only this
showing" schedules for the current day, even if they hadn't recorded yet.

Tom