[mythtv-users] Screen size on a GeForce MX-440

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Mon Aug 6 17:11:35 UTC 2007

Peter Spikings wrote:
> No to VGA or DVI.. It's 6 years old :) By component do you mean RGB? If so
> then yes it accepts RGB through SCART but there's no RGB out on the card!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter.

There is RGB out via the VGA socket, but you need to make up a circuit
and fiddle with your xorg to generate an interlaced output. I'm doing
just this on an Nvidia 6150 chipset. You might want to search first
whether it will work with a MX-440. Circuit diagram is available at
http://www.nexusuk.org/projects/vga2scart/ and Google for VGA RGB SCART
for other sites that talk about this (note though that there is a
simpler circuit that only works with ATI cards).

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T