[mythtv-users] Anyone have any luck running Myth in VMWare?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Aug 6 16:45:43 UTC 2007

On Aug 6, 2007, at 1:44 AM, David Whyte wrote:
> - I don't think winmyth works with the latest version of mythTV.  I
> never got it to work good *ever* regardless of the mythTV version.

Hmm, that could be.  I gathered from the website that the author had
trouble working out the details of the MythTV protocol, which is
apparently undocumented, so maybe he gave up.

Now that I think about it, I think it was actually MythTVPlayer I was
using, not WinMyth.  I don't use Windows much, so I was going by
memory.  It worked pretty well but I remember wishing it supported
deinterlacing.  Once you get used to a deinterlaced display, those
comb artifacts look really ugly. :)