[mythtv-users] revcommended hardware setup question

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Mon Aug 6 07:00:09 UTC 2007

If you have lots of $$ to spend, I would look into
http://www.vidabox.com/.  Talk about pre-configured.  Unfortunately,
they are Windohs, but their hardware looks pretty cool; cases made out
of heat sinks and completely fanless for silent operation.  I would be
interested if anyone has done a dual boot with one of these things and
Mythified it.

On a bit of a side note, has anyone successfully dual booted a Vista
machine yet?  But I digress....

If you have cable, you'll want to be sure to get a tuner that can handle
QAM for digital broadcasts and I didn't see any mention of that at the
Vidabox web site, but I'm betting they will do it.

They also come with HDDVD and/or BlueRay DVD readers.  A couple of them
even come with one of each!  $$$$$$, but should be ready to just plug
in.  Something to be said for that.

DaveD.