[mythtv-users] No database connection.

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 05:34:00 UTC 2007

Hello!

When I setup the new machine I put the hostname, mythtv user and
password in the mysql database.  This allows the backend machine to
connect to the mysql db and operate.

I then added the name of my laptop to the database along with the
mythtv user and password, when I try to connect it tells me that
192.168.1.60 is not allowed to connect to the mysql database.  If I
change the name to an ip address then I can connect, I never had to
put in an ip number before, just the fqdn of my machine.

This is the error message:

Database error was:
Host '192.168.1.60' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

What do I need to change to allow host name lookups rather than supply
an ip number?

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at