[mythtv-users] GANT theme on Fedora 7 (was Fonts not visible on Myth main menu)

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Aug 6 01:29:30 UTC 2007

andrew allison writes:

> On 8/5/07, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
>> Sam Varshavchik writes:

>> > No, no flash. And I'm using the default theme, which worked just fine in F6.
>>
>> … and it looks like this is something specific to the GANT theme. The blue
>> theme works fine. I'm still poking around but it looks like everything works
>> in the blue theme, and the only the GANT theme that's broken.
>>
>> Anyone using GANT on Fedora 7?
>>

> I just rebuilt my mythbox using Fedora 7 and I had a few problems but
> I currently using
> the GANT theme fine.
>
> My probems were related to installng the software dependencies
> kernel 2.6.21 has no ivtv-kmdl rpm package avaliable
> apparently the rpm for 2.6.21 ivtv-kmdl has been deleted.
>  I had to download the source and compile
> (Just make sure you get the right version)
>
> kernel 2.6.22 has no working lirc package avaliable
> apparently they have changed a buffer size and the PVR-150 hangs your machine

Well, I'm running 2.6.22. I built the lirc modules myself. They work fine,
at least with a PVR 350.

There are glibc, qt, and xorg updates to Fedora 7. Do you have those updates
installed? It looks like I have some kind of a problem rendering the GANT
menu font, and just that font. Changing font sizes, in theme setup, makes no
difference. Very weird, everything was fine in FC 6.

I notice that the themes/G.A.N.T./theme.xml file has references to:

<fontname>Arial</fontname>

xlsfonts does not show that I have any Arial typeface. If you run xlsfonts,
do you have "arial" fonts showing up somewhere in the list? If so, then I
need to hunt down the correct rpm that load Arial fonts. If not, then there
must be some aliasing in Qt of Arial font to some other font, that I need to
track down.