[mythtv-users] help re DVD

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 15:33:51 UTC 2007

On 8/5/07, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:

> During the making of a DVD of a recorded broadcast, which I frequently
> do, I have hit a problem. Everything was going according to plan until
> the process reached Running mythreplex and there the process has stuck.
> Not only that but I am unable to cancel and exit the process. I have
> tried switching off the computer and rebooting, I have closed down
> frontend, I have closed down backend and, in every case, the screen
> showing the progress of making the DVD just reappears making it
> impossible to repeat the make DVD process. Please help me get things
> back on the rails.

I assume you are running mytharchive. If it gets stuck there is a lck file
that needs to be deleted otherwise mytharchive thinks it is running. On my
system this is /tmp/logs/mythburn.lck but this could be very different on
yours. My mytharchive work, logs and config folder are all in /tmp so I
assume if you spot one of these you will find the rest.

John