[mythtv-users] Need a way to clean up database after losing recordings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 09:46:38 UTC 2007

On 05/08/07, Craig Fry <craigfry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Long story short, I lost all my recordings.  I would like to do a SQL
> command or script that will remove everything that Myth THINKS I still have
> from the previously recorded list so it rerecords and then clean up the
> table so it doesn't still think those programs are recorded.  Any
> suggestions?

The myth.find_orphans.pl script from mythtv/contrib/ is the best
script for finding orphaned DB entries and recording files.

I'm sure it doesn't (yet) unmark the orphans as recorded to allow
future re-record, but that would be a useful feature. You can manually
achieve this using the Previously Recorded option in Manage
Recordings, but it could take a while if there were lots of lost
recordings.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: