[mythtv-users] OT: Help selecting PCI SATA card

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Sun Aug 5 03:38:03 UTC 2007

There is another option you have not considered...you can go with an sata to
Ide converter board, thus saving you from using the pci slot.

We sell them at my work for only $8.99
http://www.priorityelectronics.com/ultra/ccd-st-101l.htm

Or you can go with a sabrent PCI or PCI-e sata card (that's what I use),
http://www.priorityelectronics.com/product/Search.aspx?store=pe&q=sabrent&pt
=1513f52ce03f443e906a5ccab37a6fd8 - there's a bunch of sabrent stuff here
and it works great with ubuntu edgy and feisty (for sure) and I'm sure it
works for other linux distros.

I'm not trying to advertise here since this is from my company, but I'm not
sure where else to get these other than probably new egg.
-Thanks
-Steve