[mythtv-users] assign mplayer/mythtv playback settings per directory?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 23:23:01 UTC 2007

On 03/08/07, WagnerOne <mythtv at wagnerone.com> wrote:

> With monitoraspect=16:9 in my mplayer config file, the 4:3 vids are,
> well, 4:3 and do not fill the screen. I know the purists are going to
> say, that's as it should be, but I'd rather (well, my girlfriend
> would rather) they do fill the entire screen.

I'm interested in whether you also watch 2:35 material stretched
vertically because it must "fill the screen"? Perhaps I ask because I
(and anyone that seems to watch TV at our house as they quickly
notice) don't see it as a purist requirement to watch something as it
was intended, and would just like object on the screen to look correct
whatever I'm watching.

You might want to take a look at the Internal player for your video
playback as there are some fill options there that might cater for
your requirements. See http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Aspect_ratio
and http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User_Manual:Watch_TV for some
information is what it offers.

Like Nick Rout mentions, our TV also has a Smart Zoom that uses a
non-linear zoom to make things look more normal when stretching, but I
like to let the computer sort out the image output and just have the
TV display whatever it is given.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: