[mythtv-users] Schedule guide is empty, schedule data is ok

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 22:42:09 UTC 2007

On 04/08/07, gordon smith <nodrog1104 at gmail.com> wrote:
> All program data in schedule guide and Mythweb program listing is blank.
>
> Schedule data is present and accounted for, mythfilldatabase is working,
> scheduled programs are recording normally.
>
> Recently, because of schedule data problems, I created a new video source in
> mythtv-setup and fetched new data with mythfilldatabase. After that, the
> schedule guide had data for a short period, but eventually ran out.
>
> Can the schedule guide be pointed at a video source that no longer exists in
> mythtv-setup? Where can I look to fix that?

This is best carried out in mythtv-setup. If your video sources are
really hosed, you may want to 'delete all video sources', recreate a
known good video source with listings data, make sure you have your
channels associated with this video source, and then attach this good
video source to the relevant capture card input in Input Connections.

If you don't want to delete any existing video sources, you will still
need to check in mythtv-setup that there are no breaks in the chain of
information above, and that the grabber really is returning valid
listings data.

If you have a bad video source associated with card inputs in Input
Connections, this can produce the problems you are seeing. I would
recommend that any known bad video sources are removed entirely (via
Video Sources), or disconnected from any card inputs at the minimum.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/