[mythtv-users] MythWeb TV Searches

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 4 18:26:41 UTC 2007

Kai Holthaus wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm wondering if somebody could help me out with TV searches on mythWeb. What
> I'm trying to do is to find all upcoming showings of "ER". Entering this in
> the search field gets me a "memory size exhausted" error (even after
> increasing the memory limit to 64M from the standard 32M - but it still stops
> at 32M - any suggestions on that?).
> So, I try an advanced search, limiting the "showing between" dates, searching
> for "ER" as the title - and I get a lot of things. Like "America" or "Law &
> Order". Not quite what I want.
> Next try - navigating to a detail page of one of the ER showings (via TV
> station listings), and clicking on the "ER" link. Which brings me back to the
> memory limit error from above.
>
> Looking at the link I tried to click, it has the form
> 	http://<mythweb-server>/tv/search/ER?search_title=1
>
> Is this a known problem? Or maybe it's not a problem, but a feature? In which
> case - how would I search for "ER"?
>
> Thanks for any help!

Rather than use the mythweb interface to search for a term as common as
the letters "ER" together I would use the frontend and the schedule
recordings screen to scroll thru the alphabetical list of programs to
get to the one you want. That should show you all upcoming episodes and
allow you to select one. Michael Dean pointed out the correct syntax for
a string search in mythweb if you really need/want to use that interface.

Bill