[mythtv-users] Any UK DVB-T users having problems recording Channel Five?

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 18:55:56 UTC 2007

On 16/04/2007 09:16, Mike Dent wrote:

> On 4/14/07, Andy Burns <fedora at adslpipe.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'm keeping an eye on it, recording "The Clangers" each morning seemed
>> to crash it about two days out of three :-(
>>
> The Clangers is on in a morning? OMG I have to see this :)

You'll have to image my soup dragon impersonation!

Anyway, I've still been getting backend segfaults and frontend
pause/rebuffer for a fraction of a second every few minutes, but only on
  Five, Five Us (I presume it would affect Five Life too)

so today I ran
mythbackend -v most
and
mythfrontend -v playback

to see if I could tell what was going on, I did notice that while most
channels are using exclusively interlaced frames, the Five channels use
mainly progressive frames, often flipping between progressive and
interlaced several times within the space of a few seconds, presumably
part of them eeking out their bandwidth, I wonder if this might be part
of the problem?