[mythtv-users] SA3250HD Firewire -- A New User's Findings

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 16:20:39 UTC 2007

On 4/29/07, Greg Mitchell <greg at nodecam.com> wrote:
> Benton Roberts wrote:
> > The second thing that's needed is a way to (sometimes) get rid of this
> > problematic condition. Once again following the advice of those who have
> > gone before, I tried tuning to a known "Clear Channel" (use a broadcast
> > network) and then resetting the firewire bus in question. For me, the
> > reset command is:
> >    firewire_tester -v -P [port] -n [node] -R
> >
> Are you using Broadcast or P2P?  Have you tried
>     firewire_tester -P [port] -n [node] -B
>
> This is a 100% reliable indicator if my recordings will work - mind you
> I'm using a Motorola 6200.
>
> Thanks for giving back - well documented user experiences are always
> helpful!

to add to what Greg said, from what I understand digital video from
cable boxes over firewire are supposed to be broadcast.

Also, are you running SVN? There are some big improvements in firewire
recording in SVN. I currently have two daisy-chained Motorola DCT
boxes on my back
end running SVN and haven't had any issues (with the bus reset code enabled).
--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!