[mythtv-users] WTF???

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Apr 28 23:04:23 UTC 2007

On Apr 28, 2007, at 3:49 PM, Brian L. Walter wrote:

> I recently changed my msql database to another machine.
>
> I can run mythbackend as logged int...but...start as a service it
> bitches about the database....
>
> How do I tell the service what to look at?
>
> TIA
> Brian

I just re-read your message and maybe that's not what you're asking.
I can't really tell. You're logged in as some user and it works ok,
but as some other user it is not? the mysql.txt file in ~/.mythtv
defines how the user is connecting to the database. Make sure that
file is the same for that user that's working and the user that's not.