[mythtv-users] Slow HD playback (unusable)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Apr 28 18:17:30 UTC 2007

Rob wrote:

> The only things I can come up that could be the problem aren't very
> configurable: MX4000 is too slow; interrupt shared by video card and
> other devices; or PCI bus saturated by video card, capture cards, and
> hard disk.  Are any of these things the problem?

I'd look first at that MX4000. It is only supported by the legacy nVidia
drivers, and would have to be set up just about perfectly to work well.

It is certainly "configurable", but only by replacing it with a 5200 or
later card.

The CPU is a tad marginal for HD, but you say the Sempron 2G on your
frontend is working OK, which is a little surprising as it's just about
on the edge of usability according to various posts here, but XvMC is
probably helping.