[mythtv-users] SVN: /mythweb/data/cache png's are zero bit?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 27 23:42:04 UTC 2007

On 04/27/2007 07:30 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> noticed this since i switched to SVN,
> all the files in mythweb/data/cache are zero size.
> i'm also noticing that some of the png's in the recording directory
> are 136 bits,
> so it looks like the png creation is failing and that mythweb isn't
> properly creating them?

The PNG issue is probably due to storage group setup issues.  I had the
same problem when I "upgraded" my slave backend by untarring the old
build tarball and installing from there (i.e. it was a
pre-Storage-Groups build, so the slave couldn't find the files).  (Never
upgrade your Myth box at 3:00am on a work night.)  Go into mythtv-setup
and verify your storage groups configuration (it will be a new 6th
option off the main page) and make sure that /all/ of your system is
running post-storage-groups code (i.e. any old non-SVN libs around?).

The 0-length files in the MythWeb cache are probably due to UPnP being
a) off, b) blocked by firewall, or c) blocked (or messed up) by the
router on your network.

Mike