[mythtv-users] Firewire on digital cable box - what to ask for?

Dan Brown dan at familybrown.org
Fri Apr 27 16:03:10 UTC 2007

My PVR-500 works just fine with my analog cable channels, but I'd like
to be able to record the digital material as well.  Currently, though,
my Pioneer digital cable box doesn't have a firewire port on it.  So,
last night, I called my cable provider (Time Warner in Dayton, OH) and
asked to exchange it for a box that does.  The person I spoke with
seemed friendly and willing to help, but didn't have any clue of what
I was asking for.  Is there something specific I should mention or
request to help this go through more smoothly?

Dan Brown, KE6MKS, dan at familybrown.org
"Since all the world is but a story, it were well for thee to buy the
more enduring story rather than the story that is less enduring."
  -- The Judgment of St. Colum Cille