[mythtv-users] Low Power MythTV Server on Via EPIA M6000 - 37 watts

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:48:34 UTC 2007

On 4/14/07, Peter A. Daly <petedaly at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've put together a Myth server on an EPIA ME6000 and wrote and article
> about it.
>
> Previously I had used this platform as a MiniMyth Frontend, and I know a
> bunch of people on this list have similar hardware and have been following
> my projects.
>
> http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/hardware/low-power-mythtv-server.html
>
> Basically it'll save about $40/year in power.  It's certainly not for
> everybody, but it's something some people on this list may be interested in.

my personal solution is to have a 100$ used laptop for grabbing
listings and torrent (24/7) and as NFS server. my monster HTPC (asus
digimatrix with P4) is always off except for recording and for playing
media. the htpc create a file before shutdown on the nfs share on the
laptop, where writes the wakeup time ; the laptop has a cron job that
check that file and schedule the wakeup via WOL and the daemon "at".

my .2 cents