[mythtv-users] Can you clone X output to different inputs of a single display?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 00:10:26 UTC 2007

> I have a plasma TV which has VGA and HDMI inputs. Is it possible to
> config xorg.conf so that it does a clone twinview through the VGA and
> DVI outputs of my nVidia card to the the VGA and HDMI inputs of the
> TV?

Folks, I've figured this one out, and it IS possible. I have VGA and
HDMI output going to both of these inputs on my TV and I can switch
between the 2 with the TV remote control. Both inputs display the
menus and video playback.

In my xorg.conf I used the TwinView Clone setup - DFP-0 seems to be
the HDMI input and CRT-0 seems to be the VGA input.