[mythtv-users] IRC

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 13:38:51 UTC 2007

Well, I thought last night...  "Hey, I'm COMMITTING to the MythTV
community.  These guys have helped me, and I'm SURE there are some newbies
out there that I can help!!!"  So, I installed mIRC, and ChatZilla, and
connected to irc.freenode.net, and joined #mythtv-users.

I thought I would just sit a while and watch what was going on, and if I saw
someone with a tiny problem that I might be able to help with, then I'd
chime in and tell them I could help...

Well, I know NOTHING about IRC, and the fact that I saw 6 messages go by in
2 hours makes me believe that there's some "mode" or something that I'm not
enabling to be able to see all the chatter...  Is there anything special I
need to do?  Or is there no chatter?  I thought for sure, with over 100
people connected, I'd see SOMETHING going on...?