[mythtv-users] HDTV antenna quandry

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Wed Apr 25 15:00:39 UTC 2007

Rich Osman wrote:
> The splitter will add loss, a two-way
> splitter is half the signal level even when used as a combiner.

Is this really true? I thought that say a 2-way splitter has a
"theoretical" loss of 3dB (half the signal) plus an "imperfection" loss
of 0.5-1dB for a total loss of 3.5-4dB on each leg. When used as a
combiner the theoretical part of the loss would not apply, leaving only
the 0.5-1dB loss which is much less than half a signal. Is this incorrect?

Bolek