[mythtv-users] MythTV recovery groups?

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:46:57 UTC 2007

Amen to that.  I got Myth up and running in September, and I'll tell you
this.  I'm a NOVICE when it comes to Linux, even though I ran two ISPs in
Dallas whose systems were entirely based on SunOS and Linux.

This is a good rule though, and people say it over and over and over and
over.  Get it working, and DON'T TOUCH IT if you don't want it to break.
:)  I haven't followed my own rule, because I love "Latest Greatest", so I
update to the current SVN every couple of months.  It IS painful, but heck,
Myth is the only system out there to suppose SO much hardware, and SO many
different types of systems.

I just purchased a bundle from Snapstream, and I'll tell you, it's pretty
nice.  For BASIC PVR features, it's pretty, it's easy to setup, and it
works.  But, I just love the added flexibility (and to be honest, stability
on Linux), that Myth provides.

So, my $0.02 worth, maybe try:
- Starting over with an easier package like MythDora (Wilson is now on this
team).
- Try out something simpler like BeyondTV