[mythtv-users] wiki for using mythweather-revamp

Bill level42 at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 25 03:45:00 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know ticket #3337 has been filed with a PHP script to fetch weather from weather.com with mythweather-revamp.  I have tested the script from the command line, but am unable to test with mythweather-revamp as I having a problem with the screens settings.

Now for a request for help.  When I add screens and exit (with menu key), and then go back to screens there are none.  Looking at the database activity I can see that inserts are performed into weatherscreens, but ScreenSetup::saveData() (from weatherSetup.cpp) is also suppose to insert into weatherdatalayout.  This insert does not occur and I suppose this is the reason that the screen settings do not appear to be saved.  I've checked the database, data is inserting correctly into weatherscreens and weathersourcesettings, but nothing is inserted into weatherdatalayout.

Any suggestions of what might be wrong?  I'm running SVN 13132.

I very much like to check my script for weather.com working as this will give weather to our international mythtv community, and to get get this great new weather module into SVN.  I must say I can't wait till this new one is in SVN, some fantastic work has gone into it.