[mythtv-users] wiki for using mythweather-revamp

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Apr 24 23:28:18 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 4/24/07, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/24/07, Chris Isip <cmisipster at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've got an atrpms mythtv suite installed and I had to uninstall mythweather
>>> with the --nodeps option first before installing the mythweather revamp and
>>> it works.
>>>
>>> If your mythweather is an rpm maybe you can try uninstalling that first.

>>> http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/mythweather-revamp/mythplugins

>>> North

>>> so

>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Using_mythweather-reavmp_with_trunk_mythtv

>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Weather_sandbox

>>> SVN of this:

>>> http://svn.mythtv.org/branches/mythweather-revamp/mythplugins

>>> '/branches/mythweather-revamp/mythplugins'

>>> '/branches/mythweather-revamp/mythplugins': 405

>>> your

>> On this machine, I'm running Gentoo, and emerged MyhtTV without
>> MythWeather.  I wonder what the problem is...
>>

> "Cannot proceed, the following data items do not have sources
> defined:" followed by a list...
> If I go to Source Settings, "No Sources defined, Sources are defined
> by adding screens in Screen Setup", which of course I cannot do...
>
> any ideas?

OK.. a couple of things.  Once you have mythweather-revamp installed,
you need to (I'm going to use FC paths here, so you will have to adjust
accordingly for your distro):
1. Copy weather_settings.xml to /usr/share/mythtv/weather_settings.xml
2. REMOVE /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/weather-ui.xml
3. REMOVE /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/weather-ui.xml
4. COPY (or move) the new weather-ui.xml file (part of
mythweather-revamp) to /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/weather-ui.xml
and to /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/weather-ui.xml
5. REMOVE any weather-ui.xml files from the other themes that you have
installed.  If you have one in your current theme, your MythTV install
will use that rather than the default one.  Since there aren't
theme-specific ones for mythweather-revamp yet, just remove the ones you
have because it will cause the app to crash.

That should help with the crashing another user reported.  Now, as far
as the source stuff... For one, make sure that all of the *.pl scripts
are executable in /usr/share/mythtv/mythtweather/scripts.  Now, with all
of that set:
1. start up your frontend and go to "Utilities/Setup"->"Setup"->"Info
Center Settings"->"Weather Settings"->"Screen Settings".
2. Arrow down to the first item in your list of "Active Screens".
3. Now, with the first one highlighted, hit "ENTER", and a new menu will
pop-up.
4. Select "Change Location" to bring up the search page.  Enter in your
location (unfortunately, this part is a bit specific to the NWS, so take
a peel in the NWS-Stations.xml file for something close to you) and hit
search.  Select your location from the search results and hit "enter".
This will close the search window and move focus back to the list of
"Active Screens".
5. Go through each of the entries in the "Active Screens" in the same
manner.
6. When you are done with all of the active screens, hit "M" to go back
to the menu.  This will save all of your settings.  They are NOT saved
until you do that.  If you hit ESC at any time to go back to the
previous menu, your changes will be lost.

I hope the above helps. :)

-Rich