[mythtv-users] Please recommend hardware for caller id via MythTV

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:51:15 UTC 2007

I'd really like to display caller id info on my Myth boxes but I lack the
necessary hardware.  I don't think I've had a machine with a modem for 7
years or so.

I've searched the web to try to find some recent info on this but haven't
had much luck.  Info on modems seems very old and I have no idea what modem
I'd need to buy today that would work on Linux for this purpose.

Since I really don't need the modem for anything other than caller id info
maybe there is another solution besides a modem?

In any case I have just the standard US phone system (no VoIP or anything
special).

Can someone who has accomplished this recently give me the details on your
hardware (and a link to where I can buy it).  I am pretty confident I can
figure out the software side if I can get the right hardware.  I'll update
the wiki if I am successful.

Thanks.