[mythtv-users] How long does zap2it labs take to update a channel listing?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 24 14:43:27 UTC 2007

On 04/24/2007 08:27 AM, William Munson wrote:
> All my channels moved around this morning as part of the comcrap
> switchover. How long does it take zap2it to fix their end?

Sometimes they do it just before the change.  Other times they take a while.

Just go into MythWeb and use the channel editor to set the freqid of the
existing channels to the new channel number.  You can (but don't need
to--as it's irrelevant to Myth) change the channel number, too.
Basically, all you have to do is map the xmltvid to the frequency ID
used to tune the channel with that programming content.  (Note that the
channel number is /only/ used in MythTV as a means by which the
user--you--can tell MythTV to what channel to change in LiveTV.
Therefore, you can make channel numbers anything you want.)

Once TMS corrects the lineup, if you want to use the "right" (where most
cable companies put things on channels using the wrong numbers, anyway)
channel numbers, I recommend
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .

Mike