[mythtv-users] DVD Playback in SVN?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Tue Apr 24 13:01:47 UTC 2007

David Frascone wrote:

> Seth Daniel wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 10:39:56PM -0400, David Frascone wrote:
>>

>>> I had DVD playback working when I used the ubuntu apt-get packages.
>>> Everything was happy.  But, now that I'm using the svn version, DVD's do
>>> not play.  Attached is the relevant output from mythfrontend.  Any ideas?
>>>

>> Are you using the medibuntu archive or the regular ubuntu archive?  I
>> had similar, if not the same problems, until I switched to the medibuntu
>> archive.
>>
>> http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/
>>
>> See here:
>>
>> http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repository.php
>>
>> For how to use the archive.
>>
>> Once setup then apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.
>>

> Nope -- nothing installed except for a second copy of libdvdcss2 -- and
> same behavior with same logs.

This is now the *last* problem with my myth system.  Last night I got my
Harmony working with lirc.  So, I'm fully remoted, the FE plays highdef
w/o issues (there are some glitches when streaming it live -- but it's
not too bad), and the Music / Videos all work.

My only failure is DVD playback.  Does anyone have any ideas of what I
couild check?

-Dave