[mythtv-users] Compiling with DTS passthrough support

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:41:55 UTC 2007

On 4/23/07, Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 22:20 -0400, Pascal Patry wrote:
> > On Monday 23 April 2007 21:53, Jeff Wiens wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >     I'm having a heck of a time compiling with DTS pass-through
> support.
> > > I've used the -enable-dts and installed the DTS library.  I've also
> made
> > > sure the library path is included in the ld.so.conf.  When I compile,
> it
> > > immediately receive the error message that libdts can't be
> found.  However,
> > > if I do a "where" it shows up in /usr/local/lib.
> > >
> > > What am I missing??
> >
> > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
> > before compiling, or
> >
> > [... libdts] ./configure -prefix=/usr
> > [... libdts] make
> > [... libdts] su - c "make install"
>
> Or...
>
> Put /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf, then run ldconfig before
> compiling.
>
> If you configure with the prefix to be /usr, then you mix source-built
> files with the rpm-installed files...
>
>         -I

I'm curious, does anyone have MythTV's libDTS working with an AMD64 release
of Linux (I'm using Debian)?  Ever since the libDTS was implemented I have
not been able to compile it.  I have to use the --disable-dts compile-time
flag to get around the issue.  I don't have a receiver now but I want to get
one and I'd like to have DTS capability.

Thanks,
-Greg