[mythtv-users] Recorder failed

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 03:59:02 UTC 2007

On 24/04/07, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
> > On 24/04/07, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:
> >

> >> CRAP.  I'm confused.. :(  I don't think it is permission related.
> >> *some* stuff was recorded from the 20th, 21st, 22nd, and even today, the
> >> 23rd.  But a LOT of stuff failed with the error above.
> >>
> >> I'm seeing this pretty continually:
> >> 2007-04-23 22:30:36.936 adding: mythtv3 as a client (events: 0)
> >> 2007-04-23 22:30:36.938 TVRec(1): Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> >> 2007-04-23 22:30:36.940 TVRec(1) Error: Start channel invalid, setting
> >> to '254' on input S-Video 1 instead.
> >> 2007-04-23 22:30:36.941 TVRec(1): HW Tuner: 1->0
> >> 2007-04-23 22:30:36.950 ChannelBase: Could not find input: Tuner 1 on
> >> card when setting channel 254
> >>

> > That means you need to go back in to mythtvsetup and reconfigure your
> > Input Connections with the correct card inputs as they are defined on
> > your new system (and make sure your capture cards are correctly
> > defined also).
> >
> > I'd bet it's due to ivtv renaming its tuner during your recent upgrade
> > if I were putting money on it...
>
> I deleted all of the inputs and re-created them.  Argh.. no such luck.
> *sob*
>
> WAF is currently in the toilet since she lost a boatload of shows and
> mythtv is effectively dead in the water. :(

... and you chose to upgrade just before the summer TV hiatus :(

I would suggest you go into mythtvsetup -> Capture Cards and choose
'Delete all capture cards'. This will remove all capture card
settings, but will leave your video sources, channels, recording rules
and recordings intact. Re-add your capture cards and then re-attach
their inputs to their corresponding video sources in the Input
Connections editor, like you did earlier. Ensure each input has a
valid starting channel, and that any external channel change scripts
are in place and are executable.

Also, check dmesg for any errors relating to your capture cards and
check they are working outside of MythTV (essential after any
upgrade).

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: