[mythtv-users] URC 8910 profile with all buttons enabled?

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:06:28 UTC 2007

I've got the semi-ubiquitious One for All URC-8910 remote.  I
followed an online howto for setting it up (don't remember which
one), but I'm using VCR profile 0081.

Everything works as expected, but I'd like to add a few more
functions to the remote.  There are a handful of unused buttons, but
it seems that, under the profile I'm using, the unused buttons don't
even send a signal.

I actually sat down and re-trained LIRC, hoping I'd find a few
unused buttons... but all the unused ones don't actually register
with LIRC.  So my belief is that the 0081 profile simply disables
those buttons.

What I'd like is a profile that has every single button enabled...
given that there are 1000s of profiles available for this remote,
that's an awfully lengthy trial-and-error process.

I'm hoping someone on this list just happens to know, offhand, a
good profile to use to enable all buttons.

Thanks,
matt