[mythtv-users] How can I determine proper audio settings

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Mon Apr 23 12:56:46 UTC 2007

Mark,

Thanks for continuing to help.

> What I mean is, the sound card is hooked up to something (speakers?)
> that makes sound.
Okay, I follow you now.

Although I don't know if what I have is analog or digital output.

Which sounds like I'm rather clueless, and I am.

What I have is an external USB audio device. A Sound Blaster:
http://jp.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=207&product=10319
(The site is in Japanese. I couldn't find the English web page for my
device)

It converts whatever it gets from the USB cable into a signal that it
then passes on to my amplifier.

On the device itself, it has a switch so I can select digital or analog
out. I have analog out selected, and it's connected by RCA cable to my
amplifier's auxillary input.

With that set up in mind, I don't know if from MythTV's perspective my
output is digital or not.

In any case, I tried all the selections you suggested, and I'm still not
getting sound. At least not within MythTV.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn