[mythtv-users] disable laptop keyboard and backend IP address

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 03:22:19 UTC 2007

I have an old laptop I'm going to try to setup as a frontend for a TV
I have in another room...  But it's got some issues (which is why it's
my OLD laptop).

It's a HP Pavillion ze4300 and has an S-Video and composite out and
802.11b wireless, so I figured it should work...

Issue 1:  Disabling the integrated keyboard
I have to use an external keyboard.  Once upon a time, I spilled a
beer on the keyboard.  The system runs fine, but some of the keys
stopped working.  That's not really a big deal in this situation, it's
going to sit in a corner anyway.  But lately it's started spewing
"^[[[E" all over any open termanal and I suspect one of the keys is
stuck on the internal keyboard.

Can anyone tell me how to disable the internal keyboard in Linux?  I
don't see any option to do it in the BIOS, so I'm hoping the I can do
it in the OS somehow...

Issue 2:  Configuring the MythTV frontend.  Can someone point me to a
URL of the How-To or something?  I'm sure this has to be documented
somewhere, but I'm not sure how to get the composite out working, get
the wireless working, and be sure I've configured this frontend and
the remote backend ok.

Using KnoppMyth right now, might try MythDora if I can't get the
wireless working soon.