[mythtv-users] Motherboard help

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Sun Apr 22 07:56:08 UTC 2007

> On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 12:01:44AM +1000, Alan Calvert wrote:
>
> Well... you could always remove/replace the offending parts.
>
> My own Ultra MicroFly case has had 2 out of 3 fans fail and the
> thing hasn't been operating for a year.

The problem is the fans in the power supply. I do have the quiet
version, but they are still too small and thus have to rotate too fast.

> So I have been shopping around for HTPC cases that are shallower
> than 15" and preferably as shallow as 12". Although my laptops
> have been baking themselves for years (with no ill effects yet)
> so I am in no great rush.
>
> Any suggestions on in terms of shallow HTPC cases for mATX boards
> would be greatly appreciated BTW.

I have been looking at the Antec Fusion. It is not that shallow, but I
measured up our rack, and it will just fit. The cooling of the system
is done with two big 120mm fans, which should make it fairly easy to
get it silent enough. It is 16.3" deep though...

Best
Dag