[mythtv-users] Myth web forward

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Fri Apr 20 14:01:02 UTC 2007

On 20 Apr 2007, at 06:50, Mitch Gore wrote:

> I am trying to use Jarod's guide to set up mythweb so when i put my
> machines name in the address bar it takes me right to mythweb.
>
> Here are his instructions:
>
> Personally, I don't plan on using the web server on this box for
> anything *but* MythWeb, so I opted to move everything in /var/www/
> html/mythweb/ to /var/www/html/ and remove the mythweb folder, so I
> get to MythWeb with just http://htpc/ (htpc is the hostname for
> MythTV box). Alternatively, Zachary Hamm suggests creating an
> index.php file in /var/www/html/, containing the following to
> achieve the same effect:
>
> <?php header("Location: /mythweb"); ?>
> This works better for those who also run other web-based apps on
> their MythTV box (like phpMyAdmin, for example), and keeps the
> apache doc root a bit tidier.
>

> I want to use the php forward method.  But when i do all I see is a
> blank white page.  If i run "/usr/sbin/setsebool -P
> httpd_can_network_connect=1" like the guide says it says that
> SELinux is disabled (what i want)

Do you have PHP installed on this system? It may be mod_php - check
your distro's docs.

I think you may also need to enable PHP in Apache.

 From the server itself, pointing a browser at http://localhost/
server-info (if this server is headless or GUIless then run `links
http://localhost/server-info` from the command-line) will tell you if
php is functional.

Stroller.