[mythtv-users] Still pondering my options

Mark J. Bobak mark at bobak.net
Thu Apr 19 05:22:42 UTC 2007

It can stream two HD broadcasts, but I'm not sure what you are referring
to when you say "plus one cable".  The HDHomeRun has two tuners, each of
which is capable of tuning ATSC (over-the-air) or QAM (cable).

To give you some idea of what's possible, I have two HDHomeRuns plugged
into a Gig-E hub, and that plugged into a Gig-E port on my system.  That
Gig-E port is dedicated to talking to the HDHomeRuns.  My internet
connection is via wireless, on a separate interface.  I am able to
concurrently record 4 HD streams, and watch a 5th (previously recorded)
program, with no problem.  If I had only one HDHomeRun (2 tuners), the
Gig-E wouldn't be necessary, and I could do it w/ 100Mb.

Hope that helps,

-Mark