[mythtv-users] Wireless Frontend

Harald Kubota hkubota at gmx.net
Wed Apr 18 02:04:44 UTC 2007

> I’m giving up with the usb dongle and I’m wandering whether it is
> better to buy a new wireless access point or to spend ours and ours to
> place the cable.

My experience: it works (for SD, no HD here), but it's significantly
slower when jumping around in the stream, browsing media, getting
streams started etc. Bandwidth is enough once it was started to display
something.

That is, unless someone in the near neighbourhood turns on their
microwave, in which case the bandwidth drops to somewhat below
200KByte/s, which is not enough anymore and the picture stops (sound
generally is ok).
VERY annoying since we cannot tell neighbours to stop using their
microwave and I will thus not go for wireless in the long run.

Harald