[mythtv-users] Keyboard stops responding on mythfrontend, Alt-Tab etc still work?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 20:49:55 UTC 2007

This has happened a couple of times on me recently whilst setting up
my new myth box.
It's a combined fe/be running on Ubuntu 6.10 with the standard ubuntu packages.

I left the box for a while and come back to it and hitting a key on
the keyboard such as the menu key 'M' has no effect. Hitting P for
pause, or ESC to go back to the menu are all ignored.
I can alt-tab  back to X (I started mythfrontend from a console to
check for errors), this is fine, alt-tab back to mythfrontend, TV
plays but I have no control over it.

I cant be sure what it was doing when this happened, I may have left
it in the EPG and a couple of shows recording. I have two tuner cards
in it.

Any pointer?

Thanks

Mike