[mythtv-users] BE Disk / Filesystem Layout

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 17 18:43:01 UTC 2007

On 04/17/2007 02:03 PM, Paul Mathews wrote:
> I once received a 250GB drive from an RMA of an 80.

And here I am trying to figure out what to do with my <300GB drives that
I used in my SDTV system now that I've upgraded to a 4-capture-card
HDTV-only system.  The <300GB drives just aren't worth the
electricity...  They're too small for a Myth box, but waaaay too big for
almost anything else.  With all my media on my Myth boxes, even my file
server is using <25GB of 160GB (and most of that is images of my
GNU/Linux builds and I haven't cleaned up the filesystem in over a year).

If they replaced an 80 with a 500 or a 750, I'd be interested (and could
go from a 3TB to a 3.5 or 3.75TB Myth box), but anything less just isn't
worth it.

Mike

(Oh, before anyone asks, I'm giving them out to family members who are
self-conscious about HDD sizes even though they've only used
6GB--including the Windows install and all apps--of 20-80GB.)