[mythtv-users] BE Disk / Filesystem Layout

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Tue Apr 17 15:16:55 UTC 2007

I've read all the horror stories about the Raids.  I had been thinking
I'd use LVM, and just add disks as I need them -- but that would suffer
the same 100% loss on any disk failure.

Does Myth support using multiple filesystems for storing data?  I'm
thinking that might be a way to mitigate loss if drive failure occurs.
Something like:

/myth/disk1
/myth/disk2
.
.
.

Otherwise, I think LVM is probably the easiest solution -- but one day,
everything will be gone.

And, the disk question:  I'm looking at segate barracude disks for
roughly $.25/Gb on pricegrabber.com.  I like segate since they have a 5
year warranty.  I'm also thinking $50 for 200Gb disks sounds about right
-- When I need more space, drop in another 200Gb.

Are there any glaring flaws in my plan?

-Dave

--

David Frascone

              Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious