[mythtv-users] Update TV table without Internet

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 06:20:25 UTC 2007

On 17/04/07, maillist.peter at home.se <maillist.peter at home.se> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My BE/FE will not have Internet connection for a couple of weeks.
> What is the easiest way to grab the updated TV table on another
> computer (without Myth installed), transfer the updates on a USB
> memory stick, and import it to the BE/FE using mythfilldatabase?

1) Run the XMLTV grabber with your current configuration on the
computer with the internet connection and direct its output to an XML
file containing your TV listings.

e.g. using the uk_rt grabber I run:

perl /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file
/usr/local/bin/ntl_digital.xmltv --output /tmp/ntl_digital.xml --quiet

2) Transfer the XML file to your MythBox via USB key

3) Run mythfilldatabase with the --file option specifying which
sourceid you want to update the listings against and for how many
days.

Here, I run:

/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --file 2 -1 /tmp/ntl_digital.xml

where /tmp/ntl_digital.xml is the XML file, 2 is the sourceid I want
to apply the listings against, and -1 specifies importing all data.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/