[mythtv-users] Joost...

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Apr 17 01:14:45 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-16-04 at 14:48 -1000, Robin Rainton wrote:
> Robert Current wrote:
> > Just wondering, has anyone in the MythTV project looked at capturing
> > streams from Joost?
> >
> Is there any point? Apparently they are working on a Linux client. One
> could add a 'Joost' option to the MythTV menu that fires up said client,
> returning to MythTV menu when it exits.

Just jumping in here.  Haven't really followed the thread, but I'd
suppose that Robert Current was referring to recording from Joost to
Myth for later viewing (i.e. from a local source, multiple times !=
bandwidth usage x number of viewings, etc.).  i.e. most of the reasons
we all have Myth boxes and don't just watch regular TV.

I can very much understand wanting to cache even (IP)TV-on-demand
locally.

b.

Brian J. Murrell