[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 15:07:34 UTC 2007

On 3/23/07, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Friday 23 March 2007 06:39:21 Michael Freeman wrote:
> > > - Get the internal IR receiver working with lirc (still using my usb
> > > mce receiver atm)
>
> Going to see if I can't build the appleir module as an out-of-tree,
> stand-alone kernel module, rather than building a patched kernel...

Hi there, i've just bought a mac mini to use as a combined FE/BE and
upgrade my old Myth box. I currently have an install of FC6 running
(thanks for the guide) and am just looking at getting some basics
sorted out (e.g. wake on alarm, wireless, etc, etc).

To that end i'm currently looking at ir and am wondering how you got
on with the appleir module. Do you have an feel of whether this module
(with some modifications) could be used with generic remotes / lirc
and not just with the supplied 6 button Apple remote?

Thanks in advance,
Stephen Williams